Thank you to our supporting partner businesses and organizations! Each partnership package is customizable.
For 2017, we are looking to secure new partnerships to expand World Oceans Day celebrations worldwide and their collective impact. Read on for more information and please email Bill Mott, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping protect our world’s ocean in collaborative ways!
Collaboration for Conservation
Paddle Out For Sharks 2013
World Oceans Day provides a truly unique opportunity to capture imaginations and engage millions of people in celebrating and protecting our ocean. To create a global celebration for our ocean with the greatest possible conservation impact, we are seeking Presenting Sponsors and other Supporting Partners to help underwrite our efforts and launch collaborative cause-related marketing initiatives.
With the right partners, we will ensure the strategic growth of World Oceans Day, on June 8, as a powerful rallying event that taps into people's shared values for a healthy planet, and inspires citizens worldwide to make healthy ocean decisions in June and year round.
Why sponsor World Oceans Day?
Our Ocean Matters
- Market research shows people care about the ocean and want to help with solutions
- Humanity depends on a healthy ocean (e.g. more than half of the oxygen we breathe comes from the ocean)
- Nearly one of every two people on our planet relies on the ocean for their primary source of protein
- The ocean drives economies around the globe through industries, such as shipping, tourism, and seafood
- Natural barriers, such as salt marshes and coral reefs, protect us from natural disasters (and trying to replace them would cost trillions of dollars)
Unique Marketing Opportunities
- Share your brand with the World Oceans Day network of 2,000 partner aquariums, zoos, museums, youth groups, recreational stakeholders, conservation organizations, agencies, universities, schools, and more. (Aquariums and zoos in the U.S., alone, reach >200 million visitors a year)
- Get your brand out to the world and on WorldOceansDay.org, the central location for World Oceans Day activities. In 2015, there was a 200+% increase in website users
- Benefit from our powerful social media presence, with a reach in the millions. Online impressions: 2 million on June 8th and 18 million in month leading up to World Oceans Day 2015
- Many other branding opportunities: Presenting sponsor of World Oceans Day, official sponsor for the annual World Oceans Day t-shirt, poster, and much more
Join With World Oceans Day to Make a Difference
- Become a Presenting Sponsor of World Oceans Day
Show your support for the ocean and gain visibility by sponsoring this rapidly growing global celebration with measurable conservation impact
- Launch Collaborative Cause-Related Marketing Promotions and connect with your customer base, employees, and prospective customers who share similar values and want to create a better future
Each partnership is unique so if you are interested in finding out more about how your company can get involved, please contact Bill Mott, Director, at bmott(at)theoceanproject.org or call at +1 401.709.4071.